At William Torbitt Primary School we run a range of parent workshops throughout the year. We see these as an important part of school life, and is crucial in ensuring that links between school and parents remain strong and work to support the children’s progress. Workshops are run at a variety of times, so that parents with varying commitments or hours of work are able to attend.
This area of the website is to enable parents who were unable to attend to access the information given.
Year Group Parent Meetings
At the start of each new academic year, we run a series of ‘Year Group Parent Meetings’ where the year group leader talks to parents about the curriculum, how learning is organised and expectations.
If you were unable to attend the meeting please find below the slides used during the presentations.
- Year 1 KS1 Parent Sats meeting presentation
- Year 2 Y2 Parent Meeting presentation
- Year 3 Year 3 Presentation for Parents’ Meeting
- Year 4 Year 4 Presentation for Parents’ Meeting1
- Year 5 Year 5 Parent Meeting
- Year 6 Year 6 parents presentation
‘Some of the workshops we have held in the past include;’
- Open Days (All parents) Open Day presentation Nov 2016
- Phonics (Nursery, Rec, Year 1)
- How to maintain good attendance for your child (with school nurse) (Rec / Year 1)
- Books for Breakfast (Rec / Year 1 / Year 2)
- Early Years Maths (Nursery)
- How to support your child for end of KS1 SATs (Year 2) Parent Sats meeting Parents handout Sats meeting
- How to support your child for end of KS2 SATs Feb 2018 (Year 6) Key Stage 2 SATS Tests presentation English interim levels 2017-2018 Y5+6 National Curriculum Word list
- How to encourage a growth mindset in your child (animation) Click here to view. Parent Information for Nursery / Rec (letter). Parent Information for Year 1 – 6 (letter).
What else is being planned?
To find out what is being planned, please contact the school. Likewise, if you think a particular workshop would be helpful, please let us know.