Help for your child
Did you know that registering your child for ‘Pupil Premium’ means that the school is able to claim funding to provide extra resources for your child?
Register now to make sure we don’t miss out.
‘Pupil Premium’ funding is an extra amount of money paid direct to the school from the government for every child, who meets any of the following criteria:
• Pupils eligible for a Free School Meal
• Children adopted or in care
• Pupils whose parents are in the armed forces
We believe that this money can make a big difference to your child’s education.
With this money we can provide extra resources/support for you child.
We have been able to offer the following, which would not have been possible without Pupil Premium funding:
• Remissions for extra-curricular activities and music tuition
• Remissions for our Y5 residential trip to Norfolk
• Employment and training of staff that support pupils eligible for Pupil Premium in the classroom
• Subsidised breakfast club places
• Subsidised afterschool club places
• Additional teaching support (e.g. morning booster classes)
• Support with school uniform
• Free revision guides for KS2 SATs preparation
This list is not exhaustive but gives a flavour of what we are able to achieve with Pupil Premium funding.
How does it work?
1. First, check if you qualify for Free School Meals:
You should register your child for free school meals if you get any of the benefits below – even if they are in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
• During the initial roll out of the benefit, Universal Credit
• Anyone entitled to Working Tax Credit is not entitled to Pupil Premium regardless of income
2. Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify click here.
Registering is confidential and it not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Please talk to someone in the School Office, if you have any questions.